Delta County’s variance request dated June 8, 2020, was approved for the following:
- Confined indoor space: 50% of posted occupancy, ensuring 28 square feet distancing, up to 175 individuals
- Outdoor space: up to 250 individuals
- Delta County Public Libraries may reopen at 50% capacity or 50 people per building; whichever is less
- Delta County museums may reopen at 50% capacity or 50 people per building; whichever is less
- Competitive events permitted up to 50 people gathered
- Youth/adult sports up to 50 individuals outdoors or 10 indoors
- Trails and conservation crews up to 25 people
Governor Polis in his press conference of June 30, 2020, announced that all bars and nightclubs are to be closed once again for in person service. Bars will continue to be able to sell take-out alcohol. Bars that now serve food, and function as a restaurant, can stay open for in- person service with the following requirements:
- Patrons MUST be 6 feet apart.
- Patrons are seated with their own party.
- No mingling is allowed.
Colorado is currently in Level 2: Safer at Home and in the Vast, Great Outdoors. While we are all still safer at home, we are also able to practice greater social distancing in our vast outdoors than in confined indoor spaces. Much of Colorado is now open with restrictions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect those at highest risk for severe illness. People should be prepared for state and local public health orders to be extended, amended, or changed as needed to protect public health. See the June 18 Seventh Amended Public Health Order 20-28 for more information.
- Protecting Our Community web page.
- Delta County Memorial Hospital COVID-19 web page.
- For regional resources, visit Mesa County Health Department’s page at https://health.mesacounty.us/news/.
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment COVID-19 website.
- Colorado Department of Labor and Employment: Information and resources regarding sick leave and unemployment for employees affected by COVID-19.
- Centers for Disease Control website.